BUTTERNUT SQUASH & GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
Author: Megan Goddard
- Trader Joe’s whole wheat -refrigerated pizza dough ball
- 1/2 cup whole grain flour
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 small red or white onion
- 3oz goat cheese
- Avocado oil
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Roll out dough using flour — It is going to be your best friend here to prevent sticking!
- Allow dough to rise while preparing other ingredients.
- Toss butternut squash with two tablespoons of avocado oil, black pepper + sea salt and roast on 400F for about 30 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, thinly slice onion and caramelize on the stove top in one tablespoon water and two tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Once you have your ingredients ready to go, start layering your pizza toppings: rub one tablespoon avocado oil on crust with a pinch of sea salt as the base, add raw spinach, roasted squash, caramelized onion, and goat cheese crumbles.
- Bump the oven up to 450F and bake pizza for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
To explore more of my foodie posts on the Feed Feed’s website, head over here.