Author: Megan Goddard
Estimated baking time: 15 minutes
Makes about 16 muffins.
- 2 cups whole grain or oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin spice + 1 teaspoon extra for swirls
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (canned is ok!)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- ½ cup milk (your preference)
- ¼ – ½ cup pure maple depending on desired sweetness
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (optional, but I highly suggest! Pecans or walnuts would be a nice substitute too.)
- Preheat oven to 400∘F and grease muffin pan with 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Gradually pour wet mix into dry mix. Combine gently until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin pan cups halfway with mixture.
- Top the centers with extra pumpkin spice and use a toothpick to swirl it in.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Check muffins with a toothpick by poking the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, you are good to go!
- Allow muffins to cool for about 10 minutes and carefully removed muffins from the pan with a smooth knife.